Thursday, January 24, 2008

Got Screwed?

So, the economy is sucking and the government decides the best way to fix the problem is to let people have more money. I'm sure you've all been hearing about this. The latest proposal would give everyone within certain qualifications a rebate check. Everyone is getting all excited about this and all I can think is, "What a bunch of suckers."

Consider this, why don't you give me $100 of your hard earned money. I will then proceed to spend a lot of that money on frivolous and unproductive things "for your own good" and/or "for the children". Things like the TSA, which works so well, pay farmers to grow crops, only to throw them away, support a losing drug war that really only benefits the drug cartels, give your kids an education that's falling behind in the world, pay a majority of your money into a retirement account (actually I say I'm doing that but really I'm going and buying some booze, which means your retirement is bunk), pay for your sick neighbor's health care because they deserve it (their smoking habit isn't their fault!), and on and on. Then, when you realize you could've used the $100 for something better and actually for your (and your family's) good, I'll give you a quarter back and see how happy you are. This is exactly what's going on right now and yet people are all excited for their big check. Anyone else see a problem here?

Another point I'd like to make - if giving us back some of our own money is what it takes to stimulate the economy, why the F$#%K do they not let us keep it to begin with? Who do these "expert" politicians think they are? They tax us and think they know how to best spend it, and have all these pet projects for the "benefit" of us all, only to have them actually suck. Fools! What we really need is for us to keep our own money and we will inevitabily spend it where we see fit, which (as the new "program" proves) is what it really takes to make the economy good.

Sorry for the "hate" here but this has been peeving me all day and I needed to rant. I really am a happy person I swear.

No comments: