Monday, January 5, 2009

Atlas Shrugged

For those of you who've wondered where we got the name Atlas (for our soon-to-be-born boy), it was basically because of this book. I finished reading it a few days ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It most definitely has had an impact on my life and the way I think. I especially was intrigued by her (Ayn Rand's) ideas as they apply to political and moral philosophy. It's not light reading, but if you ever get the chance to read it, do it, and find out why it's known as the second most influential book of all time, behind only the Bible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well... maybe if it wasn't 1200 pages I'd try to read it soon. But I don't think I'll have time for such a large venture. Maybe I'll buy the cliffnotes....

CookFamily said...

Having read the book, are you excited to see a movie version? I saw some websites that mentioned Angelina Jolie and a mini series.

Unknown said...

I agree that this is an influential book. I think it's sad that it is more influential than "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", but that's another argument. If anyone hasn't read "Atlas Shrugged" and would like to know more about it but won't get a chance to read it.....Great News!!!! We're living it!! TaDa, thanks government.